We’ve got one last artist spotlight before our debut at The Music Center’s Walt Disney Concert Hall this Saturday, August 3, at 7:00 p.m.! At “A Summer Symphony With FASO,” this young artist will be joining us as a soloist. Meet 11-year-old violinist Nichole Aye!
1. Nichole was born to a Filipina mother and a Myanmar national father. She’s the only one who plays violin in her family, but her dad graduated with a degree in music education. He often accompanies her on piano. And both parents sing in a choir!
2. When Nichole and her family lived in Michigan near Andrews University (AU), Nichole’s love of the violin was born. The experience of always hearing her neighbor – the concertmaster of the AU orchestra – play next door inspired Nichole to play violin. Nichole currently studies with Aimee Kreston at the prestigious Colburn School.
3. Nichole watched Itzhak Perlman perform at the Walt Disney Concert Hall last year. She was amazed and instantly fell in love with the concert hall. After the concert, she wished that someday, she would able to play in the renowned concert hall. That wish came true much sooner than she thought!
4. Nichole isn’t a stranger to FASO! Nichole played a violin duo with our concertmaster, Cecilia Coo on the Loma Linda Broadcasting Network during the holidays last year.
5. Outside of music, Nichole enjoys reading, cooking, playing with her younger sister Caitlin, and visiting national parks! Nichole’s a Junior Ranger and has collected seven badges so far. After this Saturday’s concert, she’ll be visiting another national park to add three more badges to her collection.
Watch Nichole tear the Walt Disney Concert Hall stage during her solo this Saturday, August 3, at 7:00 p.m.! Tickets for “A Summer Symphony with FASO” are available here and are priced at $20, $35, $50, and $60.