We’ve got one last artist spotlight before our debut at The Music Center’s Walt Disney Concert Hall this Saturday, August 3, at 7:00 p.m.! At “A Summer Symphony With FASO,” this young artist will be joining us. Meet 11-year-old violinist Nichole Aye! Read more
At “A Summer Symphony With FASO” on Saturday, August 3, at 7:00 p.m., we’ll have the treat of playing this artist’s arrangement of “Leron, Leron Sinta.” Under the spotlight this week as we get ready for our debut at The Music Center’s Walt Disney Concert Hall is composer, conductor and tenor Saunder Choi. Read more
We have another one of our own under the spotlight this week as we gear up for “A Summer Symphony With FASO at The Music Center’s Walt Disney Concert Hall” on Saturday, August 3, at 7:00 p.m. Meet Erica Delos Santos, FASO violinist and an assistant teacher of our Youth String Ensemble! Read more
Under the spotlight this week as we gear up for “A Summer Symphony With FASO at The Music Center’s Walt Disney Concert Hall” is FASO violist and music educator, Armin Mariano. We’re also fortunate to have him as teacher of our FASO Youth String Ensemble. Watch him and his students perform with FASO on Saturday, August 3, at 7:00 p.m.! Read more
Next up under the spotlight is the Los Angeles Vocal Artists (LAVA)! Watch this hot, talented choral ensemble erupt from the Walt Disney Concert Hall stage with us at “A Summer Symphony With FASO ” on Saturday, August 3, at 7:00 p.m.! Read more
To gear up for our Walt Disney Concert Hall debut on Saturday, August 3, we’re kicking off this round of our spotlight series with a family of singers — Cliffton Hall, Deedee Magno Hall and Brycen Hall. Read more
We close our FASO@10 spotlight series with another very exciting announcement! We’re announcing the winner of our first-ever composition competition.
The International Composition Competition for Philippine Folk Music for students was established in honor of FASO’s tenth anniversary and dedicated to the promotion of Philippine folk music. All participants submitted an original composition for full orchestra that incorporated one or more themes from any Philippine folk song(s).
Today, we’re featuring the winner of the competition, Adriel “Rush” Garcia! You can hear his award winning reinvention of the folk song “Ang Pipit” at FASO@10 this Saturday, Nov. 3, at 7 p.m. at the Alex Theatre! Read up on this talented young artist below!
1. Rush is a senior at the renown Oberlin Conservatory of Music. While he obviously has the chops of an accomplished composer and arranger, Rush majors in Trombone Performance! His skill with the trombone took him to NPR’s “From the Top” and won the Fischoff National Chamber Music Competition!
2. Countless online communities know him best for his YouTube channel of orchestral arrangements and original works, which has over 96 thousand subscribers! The channel features a large assortment of his orchestral re-imaginings—of EDM producers’ works, songs from TV shows and more! But his most popular work is his soaring arrangement of “Hopes and Dreams” from the video game “Undertale,” which has over 12 million views!! We’ve got it here. And if you like what you hear, support Rush on Patreon!
3. Remember Dodjie Simon, who taught our Songwriting Workshop earlier this year? He and Rush collaborate as the musical duo Simon and Rush! Last year, they released “Des Rêves,” a classical crossover album. Here’s an epic, breathtaking track from the album that Dodjie wrote and Rush arranged.
4. In line with FASO’s own mission, Rush’s passion is mentoring young artists. In the future, he hopes to teach music in a high school!
5. Fun fact: Rush is an only child. He claims to be the favorite!