Last up for this round of our spotlight series is vocalist Deb Victa! Watch her perform with us in “A Joyous Christmas With FASO!” on Saturday, Dec. 7, at 6 p.m., at White Memorial Church.
1. Deb comes from a family of actors from the Philippines. Her lolo was the late Augusto Victa (who starred alongside Chuck Norris is the 1984 film “Missing in Action!”) and her father is Val Victa (a.k.a Attorney Fidel Dioquino on “Valiente”)!
2. Deb’s been singing professionally for about eight years, but has been singing for almost all her life. Her dad was her first vocal coach!
3. In the first season of “The Voice of The Philippines,” Deb earned a spot on Bamboo Mañalac’s team. She was eliminated during the battle rounds, but we’ve got her acoustic cover of the same song won her place on the show!
4. Deb’s lolo on her mom’s side was a Navy SEAL during World War II, which made it possible for her family to move to the States via petition in 2014. Her brother just also recently joined the Navy this month!
5. Deb recently got engaged back in May of this year. She’ll tie the knot with her boo next year in March!